Easy photo sharing
Images can easily be imported to a smartphone and uploaded to social networking sites with the dedicated Olympus Image Share smartphone app. Connecting to the smartphone is easy -- using your smartphone, just scan the QR code displayed on the camera display.
Easy QR code connections
Image upload is also easy
The GPS function on the TG-860 is compatible with GLONASS and QZSS. Position accuracy has been further improved. With support for GPS assist data, positioning speed is significantly improved when the GPS assist data information is updated ahead of time using a computer or smartphone.
- The PC app A-GPS Utility Software or the smartphone app Olympus Image Track is required to update the GPS assist data.
Logger function for recording the route travelled
Even when not in use, the TG-860 receives positioning data at specific intervals and records the route travelled. With the PC app Olympus Viewer 3, Google Maps, and the smartphone app Olympus Image Track, you can see your photos and track your location to create memories of your travels.
Olympus Image Track smartphone app for convenient use of positioning information
The Olympus Image Track smartphone app comes complete with numerous functions, such as being able to update the GPS assist data via the camera's Wi-Fi capability and downloading GPS logs and photos to the smartphone for easy management on a map.
- Positioning is possible even without updating the GPS assist data, but it will take time.
Update data from PC
A PC application is also available for those without a smartphone.
- Google, Google Earth, and Google Maps are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
- Because the GPS is not intended for use as accurate measurement functions, under no circumstances are measured values (such as: longitude and latitude, shooting direction) guaranteed. Information may differ from actual circumstances due to effects of events such as natural disasters.
- To use Assist data, information must be updated via the Internet. A PC or smartphone with an Internet connection is required. GPS assist data must be updated every 2 weeks.
- Depending on the country/region of use, different laws and regulations may be applicable regarding the use of the GPS function. Be sure to follow local laws and regulations.
- Be sure to turn off the GPS function in places where its use is forbidden or restricted, such as inside airplanes.
- As long as the logger is turned on, it continues to be active and draw power from the battery even when the camera is off.
- The camera is not equipped with a navigation function.
- GPS is a positioning measurement system that uses signals received from orbiting satellites. For better reception, avoid locations where signals can be blocked or reflected. Use the camera in as open location as possible where the sky is clearly visible.
- It may not be possible to obtain positioning information, or positioning information may be incorrect in the following locations: Indoors, underground or underwater, in forests, near tall buildings, near high-voltage lines, inside tunnels, near magnets, metal, or electronic appliances, near mobile phones that operate in the 1.5 GHz band.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
- The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.